8 X 30 Project Day 46- Hunter’s Surgery

First I have to say sorry that I didn’t get a post up last night. I was having some serious issues with WordPress and my hosting site. It was all a mess, but glad it was quickly taken care of this morning. I was so frustrated!

I posted some pics of Gracie’s nine year session on my Facebook Photography page, but I am still editing them so more to come soon, I promise. Here are my favorite fun shots.

Today Hunter had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She gets repeated infections of strep throat. One year she had it at least five times, so it was time to stop fighting the thought of taking her to an ENT and get it over with. Everytime she was getting strep it was getting worse and I felt just so bad for her to hear her snore away at night, only to wake up exhausted.

We dropped the older girls off with our super terrific neighbors, not the ones next door, and headed to the surgery center. Once we were there, I filled out the paperwork while Hunter play with Travis’ phone. She loves the Oregon Trail game application.

We were called back by the excellent staff at the center. Hunter put on her super fashionable gown and got comfy in her chair. The nurse gave her a sedative and took her vitals.

Then the anesthesiologist and the ENT came in to check on her.

While waiting Hunter decided to make her bracelet fashionable. This is TOTALLY Hunter.

Then it was time for surgery. As they wheeled her out of the room, the sedative was really working and she giggled as the guy VOOMED her down the hallway. The waiting game began.

Forty five minutes later, I YAHOO my sister the entire time and about killed my phone, the Dr. came out to tell us how Hunter did. He said she did great. That her tonsils were very infected, he mainly sees tonsils that infected in teenagers and adults. So I am glad that we did the surgery, but it was still time to wait for her to wake up on her own.

Once she woke up I could hardly wait to get back to her.

Finally she was able to sit up and eat some flavored ice chips. She did very well and ate most of them before asking for some pain meds.

Not to happy about the IV removal.

Such a good daddy.

Finally at home and able to rest comfortably and eat her Popsicle. These are suppose to be her favorite.

She seems okay tonight. We are making sure we don’t miss a single pain med dose. It really seems to make the difference. The surgery nurse said the worse will start in a couple of days. I am a bit worried about it but also I am preparing myself for it too.

I am also feeling very blessed to have such great friends to take care of us. Also for this to work out while Travis was home. Her appointment was originally this week and on a whim I decided to cancel it and reschedule  it at a sooner time. Weird how things work out that way.

<3 Hunter and I both thank all of the well wishers. <3

Jenn Duguay - August 31, 2010 - 6:29 am

I love Gracie’s birthday photos. You did such a great job on them and I think they must really capture her personality 🙂

Just wanted to let you know that the photos of Hunter and Travis made my heart melt. Got me all teary eyed. I hope she is feeling better soon and that her recovery is super quick!

thelikes - August 31, 2010 - 4:14 pm

Thanks Jenn. Gracie is definitely one of a kind. 🙂 She walks to the own beat of her drum.

Hunter is feeling better today. Travis is such a good daddy. Good thing he was there. I was sitting in a chair so I wouldn’t pass out from the blood and tubes!

Karen Menyhart - August 31, 2010 - 8:21 pm

1I love your blog, and esp the story of Hunter and her surgery! It was well written, and the photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

NanEtte - September 1, 2010 - 8:52 pm

I’m glad that you decided to take your camera to the surgery center. You did a good job of capturing the experience! Well, I hope that Hunter is feeling better soon!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *



There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.